Angus, Monty & I (Logan)

Angus, Monty & I  (Logan)
I'm the cute one on the right! Yes the one who is starring at you!!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Noises....

Well, I really don't like this cold weather we are having!  Oh yes, I ran through the snow and I played in it a bit.. , but WoW.. it's hard on my poor feet!!  The snow all balls up between my toes!  It quickly makes these little ice balls.. and my feet.. well they are so much better cause Jaquie puts Bag Balm on them all the time.. but that stuff is hard on them!  So I get done what I have to do real quick and I don't beg to stay out like I'd like to do!

We had 2 days of snow on the weekend.. then this huge thing came in.. Jaquie said he was just clearing the snow away so we could walk out there.. but I didn't believe her.. I wondered what that thing was really doing out there.. and I ran around to each and every window warning it to stay back!  Jaquie held me to reassure me and we ended up going upstairs where he was out of sight!  Truth is.. those sounds remind me of some things back at the Mill.. I can't stop the Flashbacks!  I don't mean to get upset but some of these sounds just make me feel all weird and I try to act fierce but really I'm just a bit scared.

You have to remember it's less than 3 months since those nice people saved me!!!!  My life is so much better now!  Well way better!  I LOVE my new life.. but stuff happens... oh there is this cupboard that makes this squeaking noise in our kitchen.. everytime I hear it.. it reminds me of how my cage door squeaked when they came to get me out.  I was afraid when they came to get me!  So when I hear that door.. I panic!

I'm SO lucky that Jaquie and Bill love me so much and are so understanding when I freak out about Stuff!  And.. don't get me wrong.. I'm not doing it ALL the time.. but when it happens.. it's like something inside me.. well it's hard to describe.. but all I can say is.. it makes me afraid and Jaquie's voice and the way she holds me calms me down.. then everything is okay again!

Will it stop?
Logan

4 comments:

  1. Hey Logan, I don't know from personal experience, but I have a friend, he is a beautiful White American Eskimo, big and fluffy. I call him and his brother the white beasts, but they really not beasts at all, they are my great pals. He came from a puppy mill and he used to be so afraid of all noises. He has been with his loving home for many years now and it took a long time for him to get past most of the noises. He still gets a little startled sometimes if a pan or something drops, and doesn't like thunderstorms much, but with a loving mom he has done really well.Also my mom is a obedience/trainer and has helped him too. I guess what I am saying, with each day, it will get better. I am so proud of you Logan and so happy to call you my friend. ox Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoey! :) I'm SO lucky to have a friend like you!

    It feels so very good to know that others have been through this too! I know it helps my Mama Jaquie!

    She and Bill (my Dad) love me and I love them back just as much!

    You must really know what you are talking about .. your Mom being a trainer and all.. which makes me feel even better!!

    Jaquie has me on a routine which I really like cause I like knowing what's going on! Sometimes she thinks I'm the one training her... hehehe because I've got her doing all this consistent stuff.. I try to humour her by being consistent too!

    Well, it's one day at a time! My foster Mom keeps telling me that it's taken Holly a year to feel as comfortable as she does also.. so I guess I should be patient.

    Thanks for making me feel better Zoey!

    Hope you like Westie smooches!!! Cause I`m sending you some!

    Logan xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing life you have had so far Logan! I can't wait to see what adventures you have next :) I have a WHWT called Louis Wellington, and have always been interested in fostering other WHWTs rescues. Thank you for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you and very pleased to meet you Louis Wellington!!! If you get a chance to foster a Westie .. Please Do! Fostering is not easy... but your heart will overflow with love. You'll cry real tears but you will also be changed forever and the happy tears will change you in ways you can only imagine! xox

    ReplyDelete