Angus, Monty & I (Logan)

Angus, Monty & I  (Logan)
I'm the cute one on the right! Yes the one who is starring at you!!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

New Strategies....

Ohhh.. nothing better than a nice long nap on the couch beside the fireplace on a cold, damp day... and with your Mom patting you while you sleep..and wake... and sleep again......  it's our new strategy and we are both enjoying it...

Strategy for what you say?  ;)  Ok so.. one of the hard things for me is waking up startled.. not knowing where I am.. jumping to attention.. wanting to protect myself....

Mom says .. if we do this every day  ...  I will get used to her hands touching me while I sleep and as I wake up, And....   eventually that is what I will dream about! And, ... that is what I will thinking of and looking for when I wake up!!  We'll just smother out those old memories and enjoy our time working on making new memories!!!!

Last night we tried something new too...   Ok so, since I figured out that I'm not particularly happy about bedtime because I want to be in the big bed too.. I've really been hooting it up when Mom puts me to bed.  I figure if I don't let up she'll come and get me and take me to bed with her!!  Well, she doesn't.. she's been trying to teach me this new word.. called "Consistency".. I don't think I want to learn about it!  

Anyways, here's what we did last night....  Mom let me take a squeaky toy to bed.  I was pretty excited about that.. but as soon as I realized I still had to stay in my bed.. I started hooting it up again... BUT.. I didn't keep at it as long as usual cause I kept looking at that squeaky toy and groaning and I finally gave in and played with it .. making him squeak like crazy .. and then I fell asleep!  And the first thing I thought about this morning was that squeaky guy... I grabbed him and bounced right out of my bed!

Well, back to my nap!
Yawn,
Logan

3 comments:

  1. Hey there Logan!

    Gotta love tummy rubs, ear rubs, back rubs....well you get the picture....but at any time. They send me off into dreamland....and even if I wake up while Mom is still giving me a rub or pat, I'm still pretty relaxed and chilling....so hope that new strategy works for you. It definitely works for me.

    Although I admit that I might have had too many naps yesterday....so my Mom was getting a bit frustrated getting me to settle down to sleep last night. No amount of squeaky or chew toys, back rubs or sweet talking seemed to convince me that it was time to go to bed. Especially since I could sit and watch out the window from the bed. Lots of people seemed to be coming home late last night, so I just had to be neighbourly and say hi doncha know? Sighhhhhhh...

    I guess Mom was happy that I slept in this morning after keeping her up most of the night. I guess its one day at a time, adjusting to a new life / home. Hang in there buddy, it gets better.

    Ok....have to do a patrol, say hi to my peeps and then catch a few zzzzzzz's.....

    Yawwwwwwwn.....okay, maybe nap first.

    ~ Ziggy ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ziggy, I hope it works for me too! Mom says it might take a while to erase 4.5 years of that Mill and just as many years of bad dreams!

    Holly will be free for one year as of Dec 15th .. (She was in a horrid Amish Puppy Mill also for her whole life) and.. she still gets scared of sounds and quick movements... but Mom says what a HUGE difference a year makes!

    One day at a time!
    Logan

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE best 'time' spent Ever!! If anyone is sitting on the fence.?..? Being the parent of a Mill Dog is 'the' most rewarding and the most incredibly loving relationship you will ever encounter!

    ReplyDelete