Angus, Monty & I (Logan)

Angus, Monty & I  (Logan)
I'm the cute one on the right! Yes the one who is starring at you!!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

40th Day of Freedom

Ok so... I figured out that it has been about 1,780 days since I was born.  Out of all those days.. I have now been free for 40!!!!

I think I've learned a lot in those 40 days!!  Best of all I've learned..

  • how to play
  • how to run
  • how to keep a watch on the neighborhood
  • I've seen birds (inside and out) and the inside one says "Are you okay?" (and a whole lot of other things - he freaked me out at first.. now I'm used to him)
  • that squeakies are 'the' best toy in the world
  • to give kisses and that I like getting them back too!!!!
  • that food is wonderful
  • that I never have to worry about food or the lack of it ever again
  • that there is plenty of water in the world
  • what "Are you hungry"? means (and I always am.. and that I'm going to get some yummy food)
  • that I actually love humans
  • that the sight of my harness, leash and coat mean it's time to go for a walk
  • that if I'm out back.. I just have to look in the window and someone lets me back in where it's nice and warm
  • oh... and that I can mark my territory outside any time I want and that it is frowned upon if it is done in the house (I hardly ever do that anymore unless all the Westie boys come over to visit then there is a bit of competition) 
  • that I can go outside whenever I want
  • that it's great fun to bark at squirrels and cats and to chase them in the backyard :)
  • that I love my face being touched and my tummy rubbed oh and I love back stratches :)
  • that I love my coat being brushed and I also like the taste of my toothpaste and I even let Mom clean my teeth
  • that walks are super fun and Dog Parks are even better
  • that Sarah and Monty live across the street and if I watch out the window .. I'll see them walking to the bus stop for that big yellow bus in the morning.. (yes I know what a bus is too)
  • that snow is fun to roll in :)
  • that if Tola and I sit on the table by the window and watch when Mom goes out... she 'always' comes back and is SO happy to see us
  • that when it gets dark at night.. it's okay cause we get to cuddle on the couch
  • that when lights go on and off suddenly it's okay too... I figured out that Mom does it
  • that when the fireplace comes on it's a good thing because it's an excellent place to lay and get all warmed up
  • that the "Westies' who hide in the house are a lot friendly now then when I first arrived.. (I think they like me now)
  • that if Tola growls at me.. Mom tells him NO (he was having a bit of trouble sharing Mom with me but I think we've worked all that out now)
  • that Tola and Holly are pretty fun to play with. .. well I mostly wrestle with Tola.. Holly gets pretty excited when it's time to play fetch with stuffies.  We are always frisky when we come in from outside and it's fun to roll around the floor and wrestle..  Holly doesn't wrestle.. but she's a girl... Monty doesn't wrestle either though.. he's a lot like Holly.  Oh.... Angus likes to wrestle too!!  I really like Angus too!

There are SO many things I can't think of them all right now!  Best of all I LOVE it in the 'house'.

Oh, I also wanted to tell you last night I figured out how to open the door on my bed... and I snuck out and climbed into the big bed... hehehe  I lay on Mom's feet and kept them warm.

Mom says she has never seen anyone who takes a treat as gently as I do!

My tail is up wagging a lot more lately and that makes me a pretty happy guy,
Logan

2 comments: