Angus, Monty & I (Logan)

Angus, Monty & I  (Logan)
I'm the cute one on the right! Yes the one who is starring at you!!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Let me introduce myself!!!

My Name is Logan!

I am a West Highland White Terrier.  I am almost 5 years old!  I was born on January 25th, 2006.  I lived my whole life in a tiny cage as a breeding male at an Amish Puppy Mill in Mexico, Missouri, USA.

My journey started when the Westie Rescue Alliance decided to band together and save some of us from this horrid Puppy Mill in Mexico, Missouri.... up until then.. I knew nothing of "Life".

My journey is all about what has happened since they saved me from my Hell and how I am dealing with "Life as a Free Wesite-Boy"!  It is not as romantic or easy as you may initially think!!

I left the Shindler "Puppy Mill" {believe me there is nothing "Puppy-like" there} on Tuesday October 26th 2010.  Some nice ladies rescued me and 23 other WHWT's.  Yes 24 of us left there that day!!!!  It's all a blur to me what happened that day, that night, on Wednesday... things were just happening too fast to remember.   I do remember peeing on one nice lady who was trying to help me.. I just couldn't help it... {Yes maybe I was trying to "Mark" her as mine.. she was SO nice to me!

We arrived in Toronto Canada.  Yes we left the USA and arrived in Canada on Thursday, October 28th!!  A very nice lady picked us up... Me-- Then Number 11, Number 10, Number 9, and Number 13.

Our first stop was to drop off Number 13 pretty close by.. then we drove North the 3 of us.  {Number 8, Number 10 and I) Shortly after we arrived at our destination.. some other people arrived also..  Number 10 was the bravest and he left his "Safe Spot" first.. He seemed in instantly have a comfort zone with the fellow who reached out to him.   I was next..  I didn't want to come out but this lady reached in and touched me... picked me up and started talking to me in these words.. I couldn't understand..  I watched as Number 9 also was picked up.. he really had to be coaxed out by the way!

The next thing I knew we were in another vehicle heading further north.  Again, it is all a blur to me.. I really didn't know what was happening...

People were talking in more of these words I didn't understand.  We stopped somewhere and Number 9 and Number 10 gobbled up something they called Beef Jerky.  I wanted no part of it.  You see .. if a Human offers you Food .. They are trying to trick you.  I didn't eat it!!

The vehicle finally stopped!!  We went into a house.  I'm not sure how to describe what I saw... except that there were more little White Dogs and a Dog called BB.. who by the way thinks she is male but she's NOT!!

I gathered we were staying there for the night.  By this time you have to understand.. I'd been travelling for 2 days!  I was beat!  I just wanted to go to sleep!

I'm exhausted just re-thinking those first couple of days!!  I have to gather my thoughts.. then I will tell you about the next couple of days!!

Number 11

No comments:

Post a Comment